Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Week Two

Week Two: January 8, 2013


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme by Breaking the Spine. Each week we are challenged to post a title that we are eagerly waiting on to be published.


Sweet Peril
by Wendy Higgins
Due out April 30, 2012





From Goodreads:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?



Truth or Dare 
by Jacqueline Green
Due out May 14, 2013



From Goodreads:

Some say the seaside town of Echo Bay is cursed. They may be right. When a game of truth or dare spins out of control, three beautiful teen girls start receiving mysterious dares containing hints to dark secrets long buried. For artsy outcast Sydney Morgan; perfect, popular Caitlin “Angel” Thomas; and queen bee Tenley Reed, the truth is not an option.
This is no party game—it’s do or die.

And it’s their turn to play.






Unremembered 
by Jessica Brody
Due out March 5, 2013


From Goodreads:

The only thing worse than forgetting her past... is remembering it.

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage—alive—is making headlines across the globe.

Even more strange is that her body is miraculously unharmed and she has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories period. No one knows how she survived. No one knows why she wasn’t on the passenger manifest. And no one can explain why her DNA and fingerprints can’t be found in a single database in the world.

Crippled by a world she doesn’t know, plagued by abilities she doesn’t understand, and haunted by a looming threat she can’t remember, Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. But with every clue only comes more questions. And she’s running out of time to answer them.

Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to know her from before the crash. Who claims they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?

From popular young adult author, Jessica Brody comes a mesmerizing and suspenseful new series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.

13 comments:

  1. I have Unremembered on the way to me and I am so excited for it! As well as that, Sweet Peril looks great though I haven't even read Sweet Evil yet and Truth or Dare sounds so thrilling and positively creepy. Awesome picks this week!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth or Dare is eerie sounding, which is not my normal cup of tea but I really want to read it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cover of Truth or Dare! And it has an amazing premise :)
    My WoW: http://lalovelystories.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/waiting-on-wednesday6/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the premise of it...I mean how many of us have played truth or dare at some point in our lives? I'm so intrigued by the description. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Awesome choices. I adored Sweet Evil and Wendy Higgins is just the best. Sweet Peril is bound do be amazing and of course, I'm ready to fangirl over Kai, le sigh, lol.

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my post :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in love with Sweet Evil I am working on a review right now but I had to put a couple days between reading and writing it so I could write a decent review. I am afraid I will gush if I don't. LOL

      Delete
  4. Truth or Dare sounds really interesting! I will be sure to check it out :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy YES!!! I can't wait for Sweet Peril either! Sweet Evil was so so so amazing and when there was this uncertainty about whether or not Harper would pick up the sequel, I was horrified at the idea that we might never know how Kai & Anna's story continues.
    I've got Unremembered on my list as well :)
    Thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so THANKFUL that they picked up the rest of the series. I think there would be a lot of outcry if they did not. :) Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait for Unremembered! It sounds so amazing! I'm a new GFC follower. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so intriguing! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! I read them all and respond to them as soon as I can.